Wow, look at this! Can I just tell ya how special I feel?
Given to me by Alexandra at The Tell Tale Blog (thanks!!)
- Thank the person who nominated me for this award
- Copy the award & place it on my blog
- Link to the person who nominated me for this award
- Share 7 interesting things about myself
- Nominate 7 other bloggers (I’m going to be a rebel and name 5 instead…)
Seven interesting facts about yours truly
(Mostly taken from my 100 Things list because I’m feeling too brain-dead at the moment to come up with anything new or different.)
- I’m not a big concert-goer, but I love going to see stand-up comedians. In the last couple years, I’ve seen Robin Williams, Eddie Izzard, Broken Lizard and Hal Sparks (twice).
- I’m allergic to orchard grass and ragweed. I also have a mild allergy to cats, but I just don’t care about that because I adore my kitties anyway. Zyrtec is my best friend.
- I liked vampires way back before it was cool to like them. (Wanna make something of it!?) I was totally in love with Ben Cross when he played Barnabas Collins in the 1991 revival series of “Dark Shadows”.
- I never leave home without my Blackberry, a point-and-shoot digital camera, and my Flip HD camcorder. (At a minimum. Sometimes throw my dSLR into the mix.) I’m a one-woman a/v club.
- If (when?) I have a midlife crisis and change careers, I’d love to be a certified nurse-midwife or labor and delivery nurse.
- I love fishies and at one point I had about 8 aquariums (fresh and salt water) all going at the same time. I’d love to have aquariums like that again some day!
- I always, always wear a hematite ring on my thumb. I’m superstitious about it, actually. Hematite is supposed to absorb any negative energy around you. Once it has absorbed too much, it will shatter and you need to replace it. I haven’t shattered one yet, so I guess I’m blessed to be surrounded by mostly-positive energy. But I will tell you — on the rare days that I forget my ring, I nearly always have a very bad day.
And the nominees are…
- Sarah at SillyGrrl
- LiLu at Live It, Love It
- Date Girl at The Date Girl Diaries
- Amanda at Martinis or Diaper-Genies
- Mel at Life, Liberty & Pursuit of Your Boyfriend